Warmer Weather is Coming
As the temperatures increase as we get into the spring season, SERVPRO of South Kenosha County wants to ensure you’re doing all the right things to prevent your house from getting microbial growth. The source of mold growth is where there is moisture, warmth and “food” for mold spores to grow on.
How it Forms:
- Mold spores tend to grow and reproduce in areas that are wet and damp
- In just 24-48 hours, a moist environment shared with the room temperature conditions and an organic food source can lead to growth
- Food source – wood, drywall, cotton, etc.
- Mold loves dark spaces indoors
- Leaking pipes
- Leaks in Rood
- Poor Ventilation
- Wet Clothes
- Your Health:
- Allergic or irritant symptoms
- Toxic symptoms
How to prevent:
- Keeping the moisture in your home low
- If you find any leaks from any source don’t delay fixing them!
- Reduce the humidity
- Air conditioners and dehumidifiers can reduce household humidity
- Don’t let wet clothes sit and pile up
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of South Kenosha County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 262-332-7044
Here is a link to the CDC’s (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) facts about mold: