Does Your South Kenosha Home Have A Mold Problem?
In South Kenosha, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today - (262) 332-7044
Tips for New Homeowners
Looking at buying a new home? If you’re a new homeowner, SERVPRO of South Kenosha County has some tips for you:
Scout the neighborhood:
- Check out the neighborhood on different days of the week and even at different times of the day.
- Consider schools and other nearby places you can indulge in
- Check the crime status
- See if there is a neighborhood watch program
- Ask neighbors about the Pro’s they can trust
Negotiate buyer’s terms:
- Don’t always take what the give you the first time around. Work in the little things.
- Insist on a full written disclosure from the seller documenting everything about remodeling, old damage, repairs, leaks, mold, etc.
- If the previous owners are downsizing, ask to buy tools off them
- Make it easy for yourself when you are trying to unpack. Color coordinate by room to make unpacking a breeze.
- Pack backwards- Leave the important things until the end so when you unpack they are the first things you take out.
Start small and finish projects:
- Don’t take on too many projects at on time. Before you know it, your whole house will be torn up with additional stress put on you. Plan these things out and remember to double check your budget.
- Don’t learn to live with unfinished projects
- Things happen unexpectedly all the time and there is nothing you can do, but fix it. Make sure you are saving a little extra something in case this were to happen to you. Especially if you are living in an older home and the appliances haven’t been updated in a while.
- Clean everything
- Change the locks
- Check fire alarms and take other safety measures
Home Fire Safety
Home fires are such a catastrophic event that no one expects to come upon them. When this happens, anyone or anything is at risk and SERVPRO of South Kenosha County wants to make sure you took the right steps to ensure everyone’s safety.
Here are a few tips to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Install smoke detectors on every level, inside and outside sleeping areas
- Test these smoke alarms monthly to guarantee they are running properly
- Have an escape plan and review it with your family
- Test the alarm for your kids so they know what to do if they hear the alarm in a real-life situation
- Practice the escape plan
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1
- Never go back inside if a fire has occurred
- Teach everyone how to STOP, DROP, and ROLL if caught on fire
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (262) 332-7044
Faster to your South Kenosha Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of South Kenosha County provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in South Kenosha
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of South Kenosha County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of South Kenosha County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (262) 332 7044
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of South Kenosha County
SERVPRO of South Kenosha County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Holiday Lights Safety Tips
There is something about Christmas lights at night that can light up your day. SERVPRO® of South Kenosha County wants to make sure you’re worry free when using indoor/outdoor Christmas lights this year. Here are a few tips to follow:
- Read manual of your products to ensure you’re using them correctly
- Examine Light Strings
- Double check to make sure there are no burnt out lights or frayed electrical cords
- Replace burnt out bulbs
- Make sure outdoor lights and extension cords are weather-resistant and made for outdoor use
- Elevate plugs and connectors so snow, water, or debris does not get into the connectors.
- Keep ladders and decorations away from power lines
- Don’t hang with nails or staples
- Don’t want to cut through the wiring in the cords, instead try safety clips
- Keep lights up for a limited time.
- Lights should be approved by Underwriters Laboratory (UL)
- Double check that the approval is shown on the tag of the lights
- Use a timer system when you’re going to be away from your home.
To ensure a safer Christmas, double check that you’re being safe in all areas this season. Your friends at SERVPRO® of South Kenosha County is here to help inform everyone.
If you see signs of trouble, give us a call – (262) 332 7044.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your South Kenosha Home
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of South Kenosha County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of South Kenosha County
SERVPRO of South Kenosha County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Mold found due to a Storm Event in Silver Lake
* South Kenosha County Residents *
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of South Kenosha County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of South Kenosha County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (262) 332 7044
Restoring Your South Kenosha County Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Due to the flood run in South Kenosha, Super 8 hotel was affected, but we were there to help.
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at South Kenosha commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of South Kenosha County
SERVPRO of South Kenosha County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet our Crew Leaders:
It’s that time of year again and we want YOU to be ready this time around.
Reasoning for pipes bursting or leaking is related to the pipes location and how they are insulated. Water pipes burst because the water inside them expands as it gets close to freezing, and this causes an increase in pressure inside the pipe. When the pressure gets too high for the metal or plastic pipe to contain, it ruptures. Leaving you with an unpleasant mess to handle.
The three most common ways for pipes to freeze are quick drop in temperature, poor insulation, and or thermostats set too low. When the temperatures drop low, here is what to do for your home:
- Make sure all outside house faucets are shut off.
- Make sure you are keeping your home at a temperature no lower than 55° F
- Make sure that all attic and crawl spaces are well insulated
- Make sure you plumbing is insulated properly.
If you have a pipe that burst this winter season, SERVPRO of South Kenosha is available to help assist you at any time, 24/7. Please call us at (262) 332-7044.
When Storms or Floods hit Kenosha, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO of South Kenosha County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Kensoha, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams [[Click to your disaster recovery page]] that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 262-332-7044